Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday!

Good morning friends! It’s time for weigh in Wednesday! I hope you all had a great week and had some fun navigating the new Points Plus plan. I was pretty sick last week so I wasn’t able to commit 100%, but I made the best choices I could under the circumstances {aka HORRIBLE sinus goo}.

Ok here goes…today’s weight is…130.6…yayee! Down 1.4. Better than I thought! 2.6 to go. I can do it :)

How did you all do? When you comment, feel free to let us know if you were up or down or any questions/concerns you ran into. I’ll do my best to help out! I wish my replies were right under each comment, but I can’t figure out how to do that! So if you have a question, just look for your name for the answer! We had a staff meeting last week so I am aware of the concerns some new members are having. Have no fear…I know it’s not easy, but the plan works if you work the plan! Have a great week!

Here is another favorite recipe to try…

Chicken Parmesan

image

PointsPlus™ Value: 6
Servings: 4

Ingredients

1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray

1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly pounded (four 4-oz pieces)

2 item(s) egg white(s), lightly beaten

1/2 cup(s) dried bread crumbs

1 Tbsp italian seasoning

1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste

1 tsp olive oil

1 1/2 cup(s) canned tomato sauce

1/2 cup(s) (shredded) part-skim mozzarella cheese

1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
  • Place egg whites in a shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs with Italian seasoning and salt; pour into another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg whites; turn to coat. Dip chicken in bread crumb mixture; turn to thoroughly coat.
  • Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and add oil; heat over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken and cook until lightly browned and no longer pink in center, about 4 minutes per side.
  • Pour 1/2 cup of sauce into prepared baking dish; place chicken in dish and pour remaining sauce evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with cheeses and bake until chicken is cooked through and cheese is bubbly, about 25 minutes.

7 comments:

  1. The chicken parmesean looks delightful! It's also my husbands favorite so I may have to make this. Check out my blog for a recipe I tried out from Skinny Taste.

    I have lost...drum roll please...3.5 lbs since January 1st. If it would warm up a little I would get my butt out to walking/running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started WW a week ago and I've lost 7 pounds! So thrilled!
    Keep up the good work. You're so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to do WW, but I've been using sparkpeople.com. I'm weighing in on Wednesday with you though! linked to you and posted a recipe. I've lost 2.7 lbs this past week
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gained 3.4 pounds this last week! Needless to say I cried this morning after weighing myself! This is my third round with WW. This was my first week on this third try at it (granted I've had 5 kids in there too). I walked/ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes 5 times this last week (which is more than I've ever done) I've eaten more veggies than ever before (and I hate them!!!) I don't know if I like this new PointsPlus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this! I am getting ready to start WW through my company after just having our 3rd baby! I really hope it works :) Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I weigh in tomorrow,but according to my scales I am down some. I am finding bananas are my treat of choice -they fulfill my need for sweet and satisfy me too
    The chicken looks yummy so I will give it a try
    I made fajitas with lowcarb (1 pp) tortillas this week -yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Down 1, but that was really before I'd totally recommitted (Saturday was my first weigh-in. So that 1 down is from Saturday...hopefully it gets better this Saturday!

    Here's what I had for dinner and it was A-mazing!

    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts.html

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...