Monday, August 31, 2009
I know that January 1st is technically the first of the year, but I have always thought of fall as my new beginning. I love fall. I look forward to everything about fall. New weather, new school year, yummy pumpkin candles, our anniversary, and my very favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. This year, fall is marking a huge season of change for us. Brian got a new job with the State Geological Survey, I got a new job with Weight Watchers, & Carter is starting his last year of Pre-K. The Lord has been so faithful to answer our prayers and provide our every need.
I have been meditating on our church women's retreat scripture, "His divine power has given us everything we need for this life..." 2Peter 1:3-8. As we start this new season of our lives, my goal is to continue to focus on that passage of scripture. I will make every every effort to add to my faith goodness, knowledge, brotherly kindness, and love.
So excited to see all that the Lord has in store for us over the coming months and to be able to be a blessing to all who enter our home.
Love you all! Blessings :)
Hi everyone! It's been forever since I updated the blog. Here's what is on the menu this week.
Monday: CROCK POT DAY!!! Pasta Fagioli (from the crock pot 365 website), garlic bread, and salad.
Tuesday: Gorgonzola Fettuccine (Cooking Light), salad
Wednesday: Maple Glazed Salmon (Cooking Light), brown rice, sesame green beans.
Thursday: Chicken Tamale Casserole (Cooking Light), salad
Friday: PIZZA NIGHT! Buffalo Chicken Pizza, salad.
Friday, February 13, 2009
I love to share new recipes :) Here is a delicious one we have tried out several times. I got it from Cooking Light. Here is the link, but I will also post the full recipe with NI below. It's about 6-8 WW Points depending on what ingredients you use.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8.5-ounce) box corn muffin mix (such as Martha White)
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce (such as Old El Paso)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine 1/4 cup cheese and next 7 ingredients (through chiles) in a large bowl, stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until set. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- 354 (36% from fat)
- 14.1g (sat 7.1g,mono 3.3g,poly 1.2g)