Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fireplace reveal!!!

We took advantage of the long weekend and tackled a little home project!

Our fireplace needed help in a major way. Not sure why but it didn’t have a mantle. Just this weird little brick ledge that’s really too small to hold anything. We’ve had our engagement picture up there since we moved in 7 years ago, but it’s really too small for the space. We are not very motivated with the whole DIY thing so we were just living with it.

Fireplace Before

Shortly after we bought our house a friend/neighbor gave us a couple of OLD windows she scored for free from another neighbor who was getting new ones put in. Anyhow, back to the not motivated when it comes to DIY…they’ve been sitting in the garage for about six years.

Well, a few weeks back our friend/pastor mentioned that he had a mantle sitting in his backyard and we could have it if we wanted it. It would just need a good sanding and painting because it’s been outside for 3ish years…

…so now we had a free old window and free old mantle…and all of a sudden I was VERY motivated to get this project done!!!

The husband took charge of sanding, painting and antiquing the mantle to match the shabby old window and I got to work on the pretty stuff. Here it is!!! You like? I am majorly in love with it. Just feels so homey and like it was always meant to look like this.

I got to have a little fun with the decorating! I made a burlap rosette wreath for the window inspired by the lovely Jenn from Tatertots and Jello! Not sure what to put on the mantle. I want to be able to change the wreath and mantle decor seasonally. Hmmmmm. Decisions, decisions. I got some cute little votive holders for the weird tiny brick ledge. See that little antique chair? It was my Grandmother's and I love it. Cover it, or leave it alone in all it's mustard glory? Oh and while I was at it, I also made some new pillow covers for the very plain brown throw pillows on our couches!

My two favorite things…patchwork and ruffles!

Have a great day!

15 comments:

  1. It looks great Elizabeth! I love the window frame and the new shelf that you added and the color is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very nice! I love the mantle and window frame.

    I’m giving you the Stylish Blogger award! :-) Click back over to my blog to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fireplace looks fab, and the cushions looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great makeover on the fireplace, and those cushions are just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great transformation! I love the old window above the fireplace with the wreath. Those pillows are adorable! I love the patchwork and ruffles. Great job!

    justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING the pillows! I am actually featuring it on Handmade Features, go grab a badge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ruffle pillows! I absolutely love the oolors and patterns you chose. I also love that you used a few different fabric choices instead of just one! It really looks nice :)
    Cami @ youseriouslymadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job...It all ties in and looks so proportionate now...

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love LOVE the after, super cute! looks great. I also love your ruffled pillows too. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pillows - thanks for linking up to Mostly Made By You!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! Love the mantle. Love the pillows too! Thanks for linking up to Quiltstory!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful remake! what a difference it makes. and the pillows are way cute!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...