Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday!

Welcome to the first ever Weigh In Wednesday at Sew Chatty! If you don’t already know I am a Weight Watchers employee! I work one meeting a week (Wednesday Night) which has been instrumental in helping me keep my weight down. In 2008, I lost 30 lbs with Weight Watchers and have kept it off for over 2 years now. Was it easy? Nope. But I was determined to lose the “baby weight” I’d been holding onto for 3 years and the plan works when you give it all you’ve got! It took me about 6 months to lose the weight.

My “Before” Pic.

To read more about my journey you can go here.

image

The new Points Plus program is THE BEST program we have ever had. So healthy and livable. I just love it! Since I am an employee (receptionist) I was given the new program in September and lost 4 lbs right away. But to be totally honest, the holidays hit and I got a little lazy and have gained those 4 lbs right back!

I am ready to say goodbye to my winter weight and would love for you all to join me! Each Wednesday I’ll be weighing in here on the blog as well as sharing one of our favorite Weight Watchers recipes that helped me get to goal!

For right now to participate in the fun, you can “weigh in” in comments and share a link to one of your favorite WW recipes too. If I get a decent response, I think I will set this up as a link party where you can write your own Weigh In Wednesday post and link up here. Sound fun?

So here goes…today’s weight is 132 lbs. My goal is 128. I’d like to be a few lbs below that to give myself a cushion, but for now, just getting those 4 lbs off is my goal. Baby steps. Now it’s your turn! Can’t wait to chat with you in comments!

Recipe for this week:

Chili Beef Tacos

image

PointsPlus™ Value: 7
Servings: 4

Ingredients

2 Tbsp chili powder, or Mexican seasoning

1/2 tsp Durkee Ground Cumin Seed, or other brand

1 tsp olive oil

1 small onion(s), chopped

2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced

8 oz uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)

8 oz canned tomato sauce

8 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained

8 small store-bought taco shell(s)

4 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream

4 tsp cilantro, fresh, chopped

Instructions
  • Toast chili powder and cumin in a medium skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add oil to skillet and heat; add onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add beef and cook until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and beans; cook 5 minutes more or until heated through. (Note: To turn up the heat, toss in some chopped chipotle peppers with the tomato sauce.)
  • To assemble, fill each taco shell with 1/4 cup of beef mixture; top each with 1/2 tablespoon of sour cream and 1/2 teaspoon of cilantro. Yields 2 tacos per serving.

19 comments:

  1. I saw your post on the WW message board. I just rejoined WW last week and today lost 3.6 pounds. :) Your taco recipe looks great.

    My biggest WW fave has always been taco soup with a teaspoon of sour cream stirred in. I have not figured out the new points on it yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amy M
    Congratulations Amy! That is a great loss for the first week! I love Taco Soup too. Figure out the new PP and let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so following you on this one, although I am not putting my weight out there!!! My good friend is doing WW and has been encouraging me to do the online and she is going to be my support (I can't afford the meetings right now, but Mr. Right says I can do the online. Mr. Right had a wake-up call and needs to lose too, so I have to do this! (I don't want to but everyone around me is, so I should.) Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thrilled to do this with you. My friend and I just started our anonymous blog, Two Fat Chicks. We would love for you to come by. We decided we are going to weigh in on Fridays before the weekend. So last Friday's weight was 240.5 for me. We are just beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I joined on Saturday and my weight in days are on Sunday. I will post my weight next Wednesday for sure. I am 155 and 132 is the low end of my "healthy" weight. So I have 23lbs to lose. I am determined. Darn first year of marriage=chub chub!

    I feel great so far, some days I am a little more hungry than others. I need to try some recipes but had just purchased groceries so I will wait until Ie at what I have before I try recipes.

    EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!!! I started WW in June and lost 20lbs. I love it. I am going to admit that the transition to the new program was painful for me, but i am on track now. I weigh in tomorrow, but from my home scale I am down a pound this week.

    I can't wait to try the reciepe you shared! I just posted a fabulous WW sucess story about the woman who inspired me and a great If You Lose a Pound a Week, amazing timeline on my blog check it out....
    http://highheelsandlattes.blogspot.com/2011/01/just-one-pounda-fresh-approach-to-same.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep thinking I need to get back on Weight Watchers - I have about 8-10 pounds I would like to loose and love their program. I will come back and watch your projects - and hopefully you will continue to share recipes! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello - found your blog recently (love sewing!) and am excited to see your new "Weigh-in Wednesdays". I started WW about 2 years ago and lost about 40 pounds...stopped about 1 year ago and gained (little by little) 10 pounds back. I just re-signed up last night and go to my first weigh-in Saturday morning. I'll have to post next week with my weight. Keep up the great work - love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you can doooooooo it! recipe looks delish...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Sparta Savings
    You don't need to put your weight! Just tell us how your week went :) I wish you the best of luck on your journey! It won't be easy, but it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Jana
    Welcome Jana! I hear you about the marriage lbs! The baby lbs are even worse :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Christy
    The transition to Points Plus has been tricky for me too, but I love it! Good luck to you and welcome to Sew Chatty and Weigh in Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Thelittlebrownhouse.us

    The new program is AMAZING! I try and share at least one recipe a week so stay tuned for more yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Kate
    Thanks Kate! Good luck on Saturday! Look forward to seeing you next Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am at 132 as well... i would love to get below that. I have been really wanting to start my diet again... maybe you will be a boost for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A friend sent me your blog since I joined WW on Thursday - I have LOTS of weight too loose, but I finally have started with the program. I LOVE that fruit is free points - especially enjoying pears. I am excited to see recipes get posted. have to LOL since I was still hungry last night at 9 pm and it was all I could think about I headed off to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will be watching your blog during this. linda gerig

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just started WW last week and I am loving it! I made very awesome stuffed peppers for dinner tonight at only 5 points each and posted the recipe. Come over and grab it at my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...