Thursday, March 24, 2011

{Wardrobe Challenge Project #3} REVEALED!

Project #3 was some cute, simple A-line skirts in fun springy fabrics!

image

Much like this little number from Anthro {Rise Above Skirt}…that will only set you back $88.

Denim Skirt

Last Saturday was the Grand Opening of Nest Vintage and Handmade. A cute little OC boutique that happens to be the exclusive retailer of Sew Chatty handmade items! It was a fun event and I even won the raffle prize that had all kinds of Nest goodies in it! Yayee me! I promise it wasn’t rigged!

Anyhow, I made a skirt to wear in a super comfy stretch denim! I used a great tutorial by Caroline from Good Times Never Seem Sew Good that can be found here.Tell me what you think of my cute little Anthro Knock-off!

110_5189 
Cardi…Forever 21. Mushroom Tank…Old Navy. Belt…Forever 21. Skirt…Made by me :) Tights…Vera Wang at Kohl’s. Boots…Christmas gift from the Hubbs. Necklace and bracelet…Forever 21. 

Can’t wait for the weather to warm up so up so I can wear it with a cute bright tank and some sandals!

Here is a little side by side comparison…

Anthro Knock Off_Rise Above Skirt

I had good intentions of making the other two skirts as well, but the weekend got away from me and I have yet to sit at my sewing machine this week…boo. But I will get them done soon and show them off when I do! 

I've had so much fun with my Wardrobe Challenge that I have decided to try my hand at pattern design! I am working on a simple skirt design that I'm thinking of selling in the shop at some point in the near future. The pattern is still a ways from being completed, but I'd love your thoughts on seeing some simple clothing items in the shop!

Thanks to everyone who linked up to the Wardrobe Challenge Party last week! Did you see this entry from Rachel at Maybe Matilda??? SO dang cute! She did such a great job!

image

No official challenge party this week, but if you have a project to share…leave the link in your comment so I can see it! Come back Saturday so I can tell you about Project #4!

Have a happy day :)

18 comments:

  1. I did anther shirt refashion! http://domesticdeadline.blogspot.com/2011/03/what-i-made-to-wear-wednesday-spring.html

    Love your skirt, I'll get to skirts for myself soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this !
    found you via Train to Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did an awesome job!! Those denim skirts are so versitile for the season. I think offering them in your shop is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great skirt! You did a terrific job. I'm visiting from TGC, and your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I love Anthropologie and knock-offs, too! The skirt looks great, you did a great job! I'm visiting from Girl Creative. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was talented enough to make a skirt like that!

    Following you from Friendly Friday Follow blog hop. Please visit us and follow back if you can! Thanks so much and have a great day!

    Krissy @ Mommy Misc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! You did a super-great job! I love using up extra fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking over at the beagle. I Love a handmade article of clothing that is cheaper than the original and looks just as good, if not better. I dig the boots with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! Love Anthro knock-offs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for linking over to the beagle. I love a nice homemade piece of clothing, and this one looks better than the original at a better price. Way to sew it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job, you cant tell the difference! I am visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I'm your newest follower! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came over from TT&J. The skirt is cute! I am in awe of people who can sew clothes and actually make them fit their bodies! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous knock-off! It looks like you've got some real sewing skills - I can still only sew in a straight line! Glad I found you today via Favorite Things! -diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the skirt - amazing that you were able to re-create that - it's perfect! I "followed" your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Cute!!!!
    I'd love it if you would link up over at the Glitter Party!!!
    http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/03/weekly-tues-thurs-link-party.html
    xoxo
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for posting on my linky party! Hope you come back next week.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love for you to link up at my Make it for Less Mondays! at http://simplycadence.blogspot.com

    That skirt is adorable! Can't wait for some warmer weather around here so I can break mine out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a great knock off! Much better than $88!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...