Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wardrobe Challenge {Project #1 Reveal}

Last week I started a wardrobe challenge. I am challenging myself to make a piece of clothing {for me} every week until I have a closet full of handmade pretties for spring and summer!

My first project was a skirt made with Simplicity Pattern 2609. I’ve had this pretty vintage sheet looking fabric in my stash for a while. Just needed it to tell me what it wanted to be. It wanted to be this pretty skirt.

110_5060

I decided on View D. I made it on Saturday morning and it only took about 2 hours. It was really fun! I can’t wait to make more!

Here it is…my “Farmers Market Skirt”.

110_5083

the glorious and super comfy elastic waist…

110_5084 the full, swingy skirt is so fun! Carter said I looked like a ballerina. Pretty sure that was a compliment :)

110_5085

Here’s how I wore it on Sunday to church and Disneyland. Funky belt {to conceal the glorious elastic waist}, tshirt, cropped cardi, and cute flats. Pic taken with the super fun Retro Camera app on my phone.

image

Well, there you have it. Project #1 of my Wardrobe Challenge is complete! Check back on Saturday because I’ll be telling you all about Project #2 and it’s a fun one!

16 comments:

  1. Looks great! I should make something for myself one of these days:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I should take on that challenge as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is ADORABLE!! What a fabulous challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I've been working on a few things for myself too, I think I might just have to challenge myself also. Emily domesticdeadline@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is "sew" cute! I just got my first sewing machine {embarrassing since I'm 38} but I'm looking to make some cute summertime skirts!

    Fun!
    Melanie
    http://reasonstoskipthehousework.blogspot.con
    skipthehousework{at}hotmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are awesome! way to go! i would love to follow a pattern and make my own clothes, it just feels to daunting. Also, the way you wore it was adorable! will it be going to creative estates with you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! :) I've challenged myself this year to not buy clothes, just make my clothes using the HUGE stash of fabric in my closet...so I juuuust might be using ideas from your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that skirt. I have not made something with a pattern since I was about 10 but I think I want to try that pattern. Mind if I copy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love it!! I think the whole idea of making something for you is awesome. This season is going to be all about skirts...you are already ahead of the fashion times...LOL! Fabric choice was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks lovely on you! I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great idea...I buy up funky vintage sheets from the thrift store because I like the fabric and then let it sit around because I don't know what to make with it. I had sworn off making stuff for myself after a few failed attempts...I might just give it another try soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I featured you on my Toast of Tuesday! Come grab a button!

    http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/03/toast-of-tuesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this skirt! It looks so breezy and comfortable but yet fashionable!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...