Wednesday, April 11, 2012

{hoodie refashion}

I have another fun Goodwill refashion project to share with you today!


A few weeks back, I found this hoodie at the Goodwill for $5.99. Loved the color. Loved the shape. Looked brand spankin' new. DID NOT LOVE THE BACK. You'll see why. I knew a fun project was in order!

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like Web MD as much as the next person, but I'd rather not wear it across my back.

Enter my love of all things patchwork. While the hoodie was in the wash, I sewed some fabric scraps together, top-stitched the piece to look more "quilted" and put some heat n' bond on the back. When the hoodie was all clean, I pressed the patchwork piece to the back over the Web MD disaster and top-stitched around it twice. Viola!

 

I left the edges raw because I like the worn frayed look, but you could finish the edges if you want to.


 Easy peesy! $6 hoodie...YESSSSSS!

And guess what??? If you're a fan of Keyka Lou sewing patterns, I have a special treat for you!

Yep, all patterns are only $5! Just click the button on my sidebar to shop!

Elizabeth
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Ah that's so much better. Gives it that splash of colour as well. =)

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty ! I love the colours. A great idea to use some stripes of pretty fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. completely darling - how wonderful to make use of it alone but to make it so very pretty and cool now - whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job!! I love that!! What a great idea to do that to spruce a hoodie up! :)
    ~Smiles
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Brilliant idea! And what a random place for a logo??!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! Soooo much better than web md :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome! I am still chucking about the WEB MD advertising. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Super cute! Sorry Web Md,I say no too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great solution... just love that color combination!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...