Wednesday, April 18, 2012

{adding a hanmade touch pt.1}

Hi there! I am getting really excited to be attending Snap Conference this week! I leave bright and early Thursday morning. I've been busy getting packed and organized for the trip and making a few pretty things to take with me. Some you'll have to wait until next week to see :) 

I bought a few things for the trip that needed a little handmade touch. Today and tomorrow and I'm going to show you two little mini makeovers that I made to some store-bought items.

I am a sewing blogger {obviously} so I think it's important for me to be a reflection of my blog/shop and sport handmade {even if it's not handmade by me} any chance I get. I even like to add a handmade touch to store-bought items when I can. 

Case in point: this little dress.

Purchased at Cotton On for $7. Cute style but super blah. There is a maxi dress floating around Pinterest that I have been wanting to make, but haven't had time yet. I remembered though, that it had a sash that you could tie into a bow and I thought that would be perfect for this dress!!!

 Some cute fabric and maybe 20 minutes of my time and I have a sweet little sash to wear with my new dress! I'll probably be styling it with black leggings {because it's pretty short and I don't think anyone wants to see my business}, boots, and a black shrunken blazer. 

The possibilities are endless because this dress is so basic. I will likely be making a few more sashes to go with it!

You can find the maxi dress/sash tutorial HERE. Come back tomorrow for part two of this mini-makover series to see how I changed up a leather purse. That one will be a tutorial :)

Have a happy day!

I'm linking up to
Today's Creative Blog

Pin It


  1. Too cute! Hope you have fun at your conference! Sounds like it will be fun, can't wait to see next weeks pics :) xo HOlly

  2. SOO pretty! I love the fabric you chose :)

  3. I looove this!! I don't really do belts, but I love the idea of a sash, and I'd never considered that before. I own a few dresses that would be really cute with some dressing up. :) Thanks for sharing!

  4. Nice touch and sweet fabric, my sewing is limited to crafts just yet :), not something to wear out in public. But this seems simple enough for me to try on a rainy afternoon. Thanks for sharing!


I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...