Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let’s make something yummy today!

Good morning! The sun is shining {kind of} and I declare myself HEALTHY!!! No more plague…yahoo!

So yesterday I told you about my love {ok fine, unnatural obsession} of Pinterest. Well, today I am going to share a yummy recipe that my friend Stacy pinned!

Have you jumped on the quinoa band wagon yet? Until yesterday, I hadn’t either! It’s a grain somewhere between brown rice and cous cous. It’s kind of nutty tasting and it is YUM. Super filling and packed with protein and vitamins.

Quinoa & Black Bean Salad with Avocado

image

full recipe

This makes tons. I had it for lunch and dinner yesterday and there is still enough for at least 3 more portions. I am back to Weight Watchers full force to get back to goal before the little man gets out of school. With yummy recipes like this…I’d say I’m well on my way! If you are on Weight Watchers…it’s 8 PP. If you’re not…it’s just super healthy and good for you!

Have a happy day friends!

Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, oh my! I definitely have to make this and soon! Thank you so much for sharing! Excuse me while I wipe the drool off the keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! I am sooo excited to try this on my family.

    lifelovesleah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so yum! I have some quinoa in my cupboard waiting for me to do something with, I think I just found it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of quinoa, but I love avocado, definitely trying this out! Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...