Thursday, January 17, 2013

{Crochet Roundup: Great projects for beginners}

I love to crochet during the fall and winter months. There's just something so cozy about curling up on the couch with a quilt and some brightly colored yarn that just makes me so happy!


Are you learning to crochet? Or at least wanting to learn? If you are, I've put together a fun round-up of projects that I think are great for newbies! These projects are all made with basic stitches and will build upon your new found skill. They all come together relatively quickly so you'll be patting yourself on the back in no time!

Here are links to all of these projects:

2. Bow
5. Beanie

The patterns are all really simple to follow and I've made each of them multiple times! Want to see my most recent accomplishments? Ok!


This was my very first crochet blanket and I just adore it! It's HUGE!!!! I made it way bigger than the original tutorial (which is a baby blanket). I ended up using 3 skeins of each color (9 total). I went with the Red Heart Super Saver yarn on this project. I got it on mega sale so the cost of the blanket was under $30. Way cheap! I decided to add a little granny stripe type border to the blanket just to give it a finished look. I love the way it turned out! Really nice Sunday naps have been happening.


My first granny square pillow!!! These were the very first grannies I ever made. I actually made them last summer and it's taken me this long to do something with them! The tutorial that I've linked you to shows you how to sew them together as well. In hindsight, it would have been better to border them all in the same color, but this was my first go and I'm pleased with it. I found a lot of inspiration on Pinterest for pretty pillows, but no great methods for constructing them so I came up with one on my own. Tutorial coming soon :) 

I hope you're inspired to learn to crochet! It's so fun I promise!

Have a happy day friends!

Elizabeth
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Love the pillow- I think it's more colorful when the borders are all different colors! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way! Once it gets chilly I bust out the crochet hook and get busy. Check out some of the goodies I've made
    http://westcoastleslie.blogspot.ca/2012/10/crochet-creations.html
    http://westcoastleslie.blogspot.ca/2012/03/bestie-baby-blanket.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket looks so lovely!!! And love the pillow too! So cozy!! :) Hope you have a great weekend! Holly

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...