Tuesday, January 15, 2013

{DIY: Coffee Table Makover}

Hi there! I am so pumped to reveal our coffee table makoever with you today!!!

We've had this table for about 8 years. It was a hand me down from some friends of our that had to downsize before they moved to Alaska. Want to see the before?

Not horrible by any means, but I am itching to bring in lots of happy color to our home any way that I can!






My husband did all the dirty work of sanding, painting, distressing, and knob replacement. The paint colors are White Raisin and Splashy. Both by Sherwin Williams. The most perfect shades and yellow and teal. Guess what??? Totally the hubb's idea to paint the drawers a different color! I was going to paint the whole thing yellow, but I LOVE having a contrasting color. So much fun. He's such a smarty pants sometimes. 

After painting, my husband distressed the table by beating the heck out of it with a rock and a hammer. The stain he used to shade the distressed areas is a nice pecan which is similar to the color of the original table. 

Then he added the new knobs. We got them at World Market.

While he was transforming the table, I made the pretty new runner!

 If you're on Instagram and follow any of the quilting crowd, you've seen the #scrappytripalong block extravaganza. I knew I wanted to get in on that, but I don't have time to commit to a big quilt right now. So I thought, hey, why not make up a few blocks and make a little runner for my fab new table!!!
 All it took was three blocks following the great tutorial over at Quiltville. The blocks were really fun to put together! The first one was kind of stressful just making sure I was doing it right and that everything was lining up properly, but all in all pretty easy. This project really made me miss quilting. I need more hours in the day!
The reverse side is a fun print given to me by my friend Richelle {@richelleparis on IG} and in my opinion, there is nothing cuter than polka dot binding!

That's it! I hope you love it as much as I do.

Have a happy colorful day friends!


Elizabeth
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. OOh I love it! Love the colors you chose and how nice they look together! Your runner is so fun too! Glad I saw your tweet just now! ;)

    ~Kassi @ Truly Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute!!! Love how it turned out!! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue! And I love that table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty!! I love it! Great job Hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought about having a table runner on a coffee table before but I love it. We has a beautiful if a little boring coffee table in our living room and a colourful runner is exactly what it needs to bring it to life :) Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...