Thursday, July 21, 2011

I don’t like to cook during summer.

I cook a lot. I love to cook, but during the summer when it’s a thousand degrees outside I opt for super fast and easy meals that do not require much effort on my part.

Luckily we have a Trader Joe’s near us and they have a great selection of healthy items that make throwing summer dinners together a cinch!

One of our favorite is their Chili Lime Chicken Burgers {found in the freezer section by the bagged chicken breasts}. THEY ARE SO GOOD. Super flavorful tasty goodness.

Here’s how we like them:

image 

1) Throw a bag of Zesties fries in the oven. {I heard they have sweet potato Zesties now. Must try}.

2) Cook burger patties in a skillet with a little oil or pam. About 5 minutes on each side is good.

3) Toast up some buns…yes I like to use an English Muffin as a bun.

4) Cut up some lettuce and cheese and onion and tomato or whatever you want on your burger.

5) That’s pretty much it. Serve with ketchup for the fries and your fave soda. Burger, Fries, Coke at home!

What are your favorite summer time dinners? Any Trader Joe’s staples I should add to my list???

Have a happy day friends!

Elizabeth

P.S…the winner of the Happy Baby Designs giveaway is…..#25 The Mom Diggity! Congrats lady!!! Rebecca will be in touch with you shortly!

2 comments:

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...