Friday, July 29, 2011

{Handmade Bridal Shower}

Hi friends! I hope you are all having a wonderful week!

I hosted a bridal shower last weekend for my soon to be sister in law. Everything from the décor to the food was simple and handmade. I wanted to share a few photos with you from the day!

{please forgive me…all of the photos are from my phone because my camera is LOST. So until we get a new one, the phone is all I have!}

Door

The sign I made for the front door. You might recognize the frame! I hung it up on our wreath nail, strung some rag garland I made, and some letters I found at Michael’s. I added a ribbon loop to the back of each letter and hung them with an S hook onto the chicken wire. I LOVE how it turned out!

Drinks

This is our drink/serving table. It’s actually our wine fridge covered with a table cloth my mom and I made a few years ago. I served Trader Joe’s Strawberry Lemonade and ice water.

Food 1

The food was very simple and required very little effort. I made EVERYTHING the day before. I made this Greek Pasta Salad, but instead of the salad kit, I used bowties and Goddess Dressing because that’s a bit fancier. I also made fruit kebabs and Red Velvet Cupcakes. I used a box mix for the cake, but homemade cream cheese icing {because the stuff in the can is NASTY}.

Food 2

For the “main dish” I ordered sandwiches from a local Italian Deli. I get them all the time for various events and they are always GREAT. Easy peesy.

Food 3

As you can tell, décor was simple too. The wedding colors are red and yellow. I threw in the aqua because it’s happy. Don’t tissue balls just SCREAM party? I love them. Thank you Martha Stewart.

Patio 1

Here are a few shots of our patio where we ate outside. We hung more tissue balls from the awning and decorated the tables with plastic table cloths, damask wrapping paper table runners, and fresh flowers.

Patio 2

Patio 3 

That’s it! After we ate all the tasty food, we came inside to do prezzies and chat. Very simple. But I think simple is best.

Have a great weekend!

Elizabeth

12 comments:

  1. Looks great! (I agree, canned icing is nasty! Why suffer when it's so easy to make your own!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRETTY!!!!! I love tissue paper poms, although when we made them for my sister's wedding, they were harder to make than I thought ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy I found this blog! I'm a new follower. I love the ideas for the shower! Stop by my blog if you get a chance. It is new but I've got a good start. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, colorful party! I LOVE the "I Do" frame with the rag garland!!! I'm sure your future sister-in-law loved everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found ya through Tidy Mom's linkup. Love the wrapping paper table runners - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute party! I just finished linking up at your blog party for the first time. Thanks for hosting! I am also a new follower! I would love for you to link up to my Savvy HomeMade Monday party at

    http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/07/28/savvy-homemade-monday-party-1/

    Looking forward to blogging with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up, Elizabeth. I know I said it before, but I will say it again... I love your party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I bet the bride was happy and impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! I love the garland you made from fabric scraps. I'm going to borrow that idea! I came to your site today through Skip to My Lou. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping over from Ladybug Blessings linky party….
    What a wonderful crafty project :)
    I'd like to invite you to link your projects up at my weekly linking party at Craft Junkie Too. We'd love to have fabulous projects to share….:)
    Tracy
    T.G.I.F. Linky Party at Craft Junkie Too

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fun Elizabeth! Thank you for sharing the idea with us!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...