Friday, October 21, 2011

{a week in phone pics} InstaFriday!

We had a very exciting (mmmkay not so much) week! Here are some highlights from our everyday…

image

I crocheted a few coffee cuffs and stuck a fabric ruffle on them. Love.

image

My dining room table looked like this for about a week…it’s folded and put away now. Pinky promise.

image

Someone gets to be “Dark Vader” for Halloween and is VERY excited about it! Thank you Target for your very cost effective costumes :)

image

I finished this lovely cowl/circle scarf thingy. It was really fun to make. It’s GINORMOUS. I’m going to need some snow stat. Too bad I live in Orange County! You can find the tutorial HERE.

image

Our Trader Joes has an awesome drawing board and the little man got artsy with a stegosaurus! Lots of spikes…

image

This was a very tasty and healthy lite lunch (not a great pic…sorry!). I had it everyday this week! Here’s what I did…made 2 cups of brown rice in my rice cooker (to make it not so bland I added some olive oil, salt, garlic, and basil-the frozen kind from TJ’s), added the zest and juice of a lemon, about 8 chopped cherry tomatoes, 10 sliced kalamata olives, a can of tuna in oil (drained),  and a few tsps of capers. Makes about 4 1 cup servings. YUM. I plan on having it for lunch again next week too!

image

Saved the best for last. My kid is awesome. For reals. He got real quiet in his room the other night and when we went to check on him, he surprised us with this “Happy Mom & Dad Day” party! Complete with fake food and a twirly light show. Love him! October 17th is officially Mom & Dad day at our house!

What did you do this week? Hope you made some memories. Go link up with Jeanette!

image

Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. LOVE all the pics!! Noah is going to be Darth too and is super duper excited too! Aww, that's SO sweet of your son to make a special day just for you :) (LOVe that cowl too, you'll just have to head up to the mountains this winter to wear it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. I love his little dinosaur! p.s. I am loving your bloggity blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, sweet son! Love you expressiveness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son is SOOOO sweet! LOVE it! Also, your lunch recipe looks delish, and easy! I'll have to make some for this week when I won't be having much time to cook. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i should be making my dining room table look less like yours. i feel like their is laundry on it more than food. and your boy IS the cutest thing ever! happy mom and dad day! dying!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...