Thursday, October 20, 2011

{fall baking…Banana Oatmeal Cookies}

I love fall. It’s still 80 degrees here everyday but I’m good at pretending that the season has changed and that it’s cool and crisp outside. Come on global climate change…give us a break!

I tried out this new cookie recipe and it was a major hit with my boys and our Young Adults Group that was over last night! I had some bananas that either needed to get used or tossed so….

image

Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup shortening (I used butter)
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 very ripe ones)
  • 1 3/4 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (mini chocolate chips would also be great if you aren’t a nut person)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
  3. Cream together the shortening and sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add egg, banana, oatmeal and nuts. Mix well.
  4. Add dry ingredients, mix well and drop by the teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet.
  5. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until edges turn lightly brown. Cool on wire rack. Store in a closed container.

Hope you enjoy them too!

-Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Sound delish, I'll add chocolate chips for ours - thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I am a fan of cookies. ALL cookies :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...