Monday, August 2, 2010

The start of my new wardrobe.

Well, I bit the bullet this weekend and decided to try my hand at dressmaking…more specifically…shirt making! I hit the pattern sale on Friday and scored some cute patterns on the cheap. It was definitely challenging, but I am super proud of how they came out. A learning experience for sure. I learned that I am a 10 even though in the stores I am a 6…vanity sizing much? I learned not to use 3/8” elastic when a pattern calls for 1/4” elastic…ugggh. And I learned that if I get stuck because a pattern is very vague…YouTube and Google are my best friends! Here are my two new tops…

1) Simplicity 3835



Here it is in action and a party we went to Saturday night.

Yes, I made a matching Shabby Blossom!


2) New Look 6895 110_3487


Hope everyone had a great weekend! Lots of fun things coming to the shop this week so be sure to check back. Happy Monday friends!



  1. Just saw your post on the Skip to my Lou linky. What a great job on your shirts! I am so wanting to learn to sew... What a great idea to use google and youtube to clarify the directions!

  2. How nice! You did a GREAT job! I can't wait to see what else you create! They look amazing, and I love the hair flower too! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays!

  3. Love your blog and your new shirts! Isn't sewing SO fun...

  4. I love your tops!! Especially the first lovely fabric and style :-) Just joined your blog :-)


I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...