Monday, August 2, 2010

The start of my new wardrobe.

Well, I bit the bullet this weekend and decided to try my hand at dressmaking…more specifically…shirt making! I hit the pattern sale on Friday and scored some cute patterns on the cheap. It was definitely challenging, but I am super proud of how they came out. A learning experience for sure. I learned that I am a 10 even though in the stores I am a 6…vanity sizing much? I learned not to use 3/8” elastic when a pattern calls for 1/4” elastic…ugggh. And I learned that if I get stuck because a pattern is very vague…YouTube and Google are my best friends! Here are my two new tops…

1) Simplicity 3835

110_3470

110_3478

Here it is in action and a party we went to Saturday night.

Yes, I made a matching Shabby Blossom!

38013_1495175172853_1038292138_2024990_8193230_n

2) New Look 6895 110_3487

110_3482

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Lots of fun things coming to the shop this week so be sure to check back. Happy Monday friends!

-E

5 comments:

  1. Just saw your post on the Skip to my Lou linky. What a great job on your shirts! I am so wanting to learn to sew... What a great idea to use google and youtube to clarify the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice! You did a GREAT job! I can't wait to see what else you create! They look amazing, and I love the hair flower too! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog and your new shirts! Isn't sewing SO fun...

    www.janaeking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tops!! Especially the first lovely fabric and style :-) Just joined your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...