Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day to Me!!! My new bag!


I have been wanting to make myself a new bag for a while and since Mother’s Day is here I decided to take a break from sewing for other people and whip myself up something pretty! We have been going to Disneyland quite a bit and although we are out of the diaper bag stage, I still need something big to hold everyone’s things! Why is it that the mom always has to hold everything??? Anyhow, a cross-body messenger bag seemed like a good solution. So here it is in all it’s cuteness :) I used the tutorial on All People Quilt but made a few modifications. I made the strap a little longer and patchworky because I am in love with this camera strap but I have no need for it! I also added some extra pockets. There was supposed to be a big pocket along the back of the bag on the outside, but I totally forgot to put it on there…had it all cut and ready to go too. Oh well…maybe I’ll make a matching makeup pouch or something! And last but not least, I added my super cute Sew Chatty label from MommieMadeIt. I am sure to get lots of use out of this bag starting today!!!



  1. It turned out so cute, Elizabeth!!!

  2. Very fun and well made! Thank you for coming over to my link party1


I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...