Thursday, September 22, 2011

{I make good pizza}

It’s true. I make yummy pizza. Tastier and MUCH healthier than any take out close by.

I hadn’t made it in a while, but made it on Tuesday and forgot how incredibly delicious it is! I went Hawaiian this time. Yum. Today I am sharing my recipe with you. You’re welcome.

Note: I use my KitchenAid with dough hook attachment.

image

Homemade Pizza Crust

Ingredients:

1 pkg of dry active yeast

1 1/2 cups warm water

1/2 tsp salt

2 tsp olive oil

2 cups white flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour…combined.

1 Tbsp cornmeal (optional…helps keep the dough from sticking to the pan)

Directions:

Pour yeast into mixer. Pour the water over the yeast to dissolve. Add salt, olive oil, and 2 cups of the flour mix. Mix with dough hook on speed 2 for about 1 minute.

Slowly add remaining flour (a little at a time) and continue mixing until the dough clings to the hook and cleans the sides of the bowl. This can take about 5 minutes, sometimes longer, I have no idea why!

Place dough in a bowl sprayed with cooking spray. Turn to grease top. Cover with a clean dishtowel and let it rise for 1 hour.

Punch it down. Spray your pizza pan. Sprinkle on your optional corn meal. Roll out your dough on clean surface into desired pizza shape. Place dough on pan. Add your fave toppings and bake for 20 minutes at 450. ENJOY!!!

TIPS: We LOVE the Muir Glen Organic Pizza Sauce. It’s SO good. Also I brush the edge of the crust with a little olive oil before baking. Makes it nice and toasty brown.

Happy Pizza Making!!!

Elizabeth

6 comments:

  1. I love the muir glen organic products - they are so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM I love pizza and that dough recipe sounds easy enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

    www.sewdivertimento.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fabulous! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    www.sewdivertimento.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm. I haven't had a Hawaiian pizza in so long. We make all of our pizza (I have Celiac disease so all gluten free pizza here) but I haven't made a Hawaiian one. Must add that to my next pizza night menu. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...