Friday, June 15, 2012

{InstaFriday...life lately}

Hi friends! Happy Friday to you! It's officially summer break and I couldn't be happier! We're headed to Disneyland today to check out Cars Land. Carter is PUMPED about it! I am too :)

I've been able to blog much lately so I love that Instagram is a way for me to check in with you all and let you know what we've been up to! Come follow along @sewchatty. Today I'm linking up with Jeannette with a recap of my favorite little life moments over the past few weeks.

life rearranged

This is my favorite thing I've made EVER!

 I adore this bag. It was such a fun project! Very satisfying. One of those "wow, I can't believe I made that" kind of projects. Love it! I have two more it the works for my boys so stay tuned for finished pics of those too! Check out my full pattern review and tips HERE.

1. Beach pouch to match my beach bag. Tutorial for the beach bag HERE.
2. Carter loves his scooter. I love that I can take him with me when I go running!
3. Thrifted chambray shirt makeover! The doilies fixed the Mickey!
4. DIY mint jeans. LOVE how this pair turned out! The first pair were a MAJOR fail!
5. My boy got student of the month!!!! This is a big huge deal. He struggled so much at the beginning of the year so to end first grade as student of the month, made us over the moon happy!
6. White Chicken Enchiladas for a family in our church who just had their 5th child. These are AMAZING.
7. Handmade by me baby gift.
8. Sunday nap with my favorite quilt. 
9. Crochet Bun Bow!
10. The Bun Bow in action! These will be in the shop soon!
11. Went to the cheap theater to see Mirror Mirror. This Dr. Pepper was fifty cents more than the movie ticket. Ugh. I'm smuggling in my own next time!!!
12. My summer makeup routine. With 55 SPF as well :)
13. Started to feel a cold coming on, but kicked it thanks to these three miracle workers!
14. My Anthro mug died a sad and tragic death. I am so bummed.
15. Maybe I should learn how to count better when I make collages so that pics don't show up twice??? Newbie.


We had an awesome first grade teacher this year. She let the kids with summer birthdays bring in treats for their friends. We brought these AWESOME Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats.

Lastly...


I bought a bikini. I've been working SO hard for it and even though I have 6 lbs to go, there are tons of people at the beach in bikinis that look way worse than me so I figured I go for it! I managed to find one that actually fits well and doesn't pinch in at the sides. I'm ready to hit the beach this Sunday for Father's Day!

Have a great weekend everyone!


Elizabeth
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I adored the bag! You're talented ^^ Loved your instagram photos too xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute bikini! good for you! I'm not anywhere near brave enough to wear one... =\

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! That bikini is adorable and you'll surely rock it! Hope you all had a great weekend. LOVE the bag you made, it's amazing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...